5200 N Lamar BLVD
Austin, TX 78751
- Obtain a position in the field of information technology that will allow me to utilize my skills in open source software development and/or accessibility.
- Novell, inc.
- Software engineer, Mar. '08 - present
Past and present tasks include:
- Wrote some of the code bridging UI Automation to ATK. Debug issues with Orca as needed. Worked with Mono-Winforms team when patches were needed there.
- Created at-spi-sharp, a .net binding for the AT-SPI D-Bus protocol.
- Created AtspiUiaSource, a bridge from AT-SPI to UIA, allowing an automated testing framework to inspect GTK-based applications (and other applications exposing information over AT-SPI) using the UIA client API.
- Co-maintainer / now principal maintainer of AT-SPI2, a DBus-based implementation of AT-SPI created to avoid dependency on deprecated ORBit/Bonobo libraries.
- Participate in the Linux Foundation's accessibility working group.
- Duxbury Systems, inc., Westford, MA
- Programmer, June '01 - Feb. '08
- enhancing and debugging company products in response to customer requests
- maintaining the scripts that perform automated nightly builds and regression tests of our software
- Designed and implemented an undo/redo feature for our product's editor.
- Developing importers from OpenXML and OpenDocument for our product using XSLT.
- assisting in the development of firmware for SAL (an ARM-based embedded device running Linux).
- Developed a test program to ensure that changes to the SAL boot loader would not prevent it from being able to properly relocate itself in memory, providing a crucial safeguard preventing a firmware defect that could necessitate a factory reprogramming of the units
- Adapted an internal web site to parameterize the name of the database and tables that it references, eliminating the need for two separate code trees
- Enhanced code that imports WordPerfect and Microsoft Word documents
- Assisted in developing code to emulate the XVT windowing system under wxWindows.
- Relocated and configured a CVS service under Windows
- Administer common Windows and Linux machines used for development as needed.
- Inclusive Technologies, Matawan, NJ
- Contract developer, March '05 - August '05
Developing a system that will allow customers to access information by voice over a telephone using VoiceXML with a php/mysql back end.
- Vistasource, inc., Westboro, MA
- Contract developer, summer '00
Converted shelf to use Autoconf and Gnu Make.
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Programmer, spring '00
Perform programming tasks as needed to assist in maintaining the
department's network of computers.
Operating systems, Human-Computer Interaction, Software Engineering,
Computer Networks, Computer Security, Network Security, others
- Languages: C/C++, C#, Python, CGI/Perl, bash scripting, PHP, SQL, XSLT, VoiceXML
- Operating systems: Unix (especially GNU/Linux), MS Windows 95/98/2k/xp
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA: Class of 2001
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
- Dedham High School, Dedham, MA: Class of 1997